Monday, May 23, 2011

Fifteen Movie Questions Meme

I was tagged by Anna @ Defiant Success  to do her Fifteen Movie Questions Meme. Here are my answers!:

1. Movie you love with a passion.















I know- I talk about Casablanca too much. But it is my favorite film of all time and I do love it with a passion.

2. Movie you vow to never watch

I'm never going near Avatar- if I'm going to watch blue aliens, I'll go check out The Smurfs.

3. Movie that literally left you speechless.















Sunset Blvd. The ending stuck with me for weeks after the first time I watched it- so haunting.

4. Movie you always recommend















I honestly recommend a lot of films, so I just chose Now, Voyager, since I find myself discussing it frequently.

5. Actor/actress you always watch no matter how crappy the movie.

I'm such a huge Bogart fan that I'm intent on seeing every film he was in. I've made it to 35 so far, thanks to TCM!

6. Actor/actress you don't get the appeal for

I've never understood why so many people like Marilyn Monroe. She's nothing special, if you ask me.

7. Actor/actress living or dead you'd love to meet.



















There are too many dead actors I want to meet, so I chose my favorite live actress- Lauren Bacall.

8. Sexiest actor/actress you've seen (Picture required!)

Good Lord, this is hard. I'm notorious for drooling over a lot of actors...

I'll cheat and pick two- Bogie and James Dean.


9. Dream cast

I've sat in front of my computer for ten minutes trying to think of a good answer to this question. Maybe Barbara Stanwyck, Bette Davis and Rita Hayworth in a sort of film noir version of How to Marry a Millionaire? Sounds ridiculous, but I like the idea.

10. Favorite actor pairing

As much as I want to say Bogie and Bacall, I figured this post needed more variety. I really love Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman together. Their chemistry in both Notorious and Indiscreet is amazing and I think they played really well off of one another.

11. Favorite movie setting.
















Casablanca makes me want to say Paris, and Roman Holiday has me leaning towards, well, Rome. I'll just say Europe in general.

12. Favorite decade for movies

As much as I love the fifties, I'm picking the forties because of my endless love for film noir.

13. Chick flick or action movie?

How about both? I like films that are romantic and have excitement at the same time (Gone With the Wind, The African Queen, North by Northwest, etc).

14. Hero, villain, or anti-hero?

I have to cheat again and say both hero and anti-hero. Please don't make me choose between Atticus Finch and Rick Blaine.

15.  Black and white or color?
















I love so many color films, but I feel the need to say black and white because I think it adds to the suspense, especially in Hitchcock's films.

I hope my answers made sense! I tag anyone who's interested to do this meme.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I just was feeling like answering a meme :) I really enjoyed your answers, my favorite part is "if I'm going to watch blue aliens, I'll go check out The Smurfs." LOL!! Cool dream cast! And I think that I won't be able to pick between chick flick or action and hero, villian or anti-hero either:)
    Oh, and I hope you can meet Lauren Bacall... :)

    ReplyDelete